How can your software development partner help you in digital transformation?
According to the article published by the Harvard Business Review three-quarters of digital transformation (DT) programs fail.
This is both frustrating and disappointing for many companies, especially those whose C-level executives thought it would be enough to just buy and implement new technologies to start benefiting from them immediately.
However, nothing could be further from the truth! It turns out that it’s not just technology that matters, because – first and foremost – it’s the approach. Activating a digital mindset is fundamental for any leader to succeed.
One must realise that the digital transformation is not a single event on a company’s timeline. Actually, it’s just the opposite – it’s a never-ending development in an ever-evolving environment.
The minute you accomplish one goal, others emerge on the horizon. The technology is constantly changing, and so are (or should) the organisations. However, the beginning is always the most difficult part. If you start strong and make it past the first few months, it will be pretty much smooth sailing from that point onwards.
Main challenges of the digital transformation
Undergoing a DT carries with it some huge challenges that a company has to face. Aside from the mindset of the management, the main difficulties usually involve:
- maintaining rigid and overly complex legacy IT systems – while incrementally replacing them with modern technologies,
- managing and analysing skyrocketing volumes of data,
- acknowledging new digital opportunities,
- budget constraints,
- lack of appropriately-skilled personnel.
Yes, it’s overwhelming. And it’s also easy to find yourself in a blind spot and fail, so in order to break past the deadlock and move ahead, you need a software development partner. But… not just any partner – a really strong one.
Look further ahead and solve any issues that appear
We believe that an excellent partner doesn’t only build IT solutions. It’s about much more than this. It is not an exaggeration to say that, during the entire process of the DT, the company that you expect to work with should be your guide.
So, let’s take a closer look at these 3 extremely important roles.
- A technology partner is like your second pair of eyes, helping you discover opportunities that may be easy for you to overlook, as you usually have to focus on other problems within your organisation as well
- They are also very open-minded, which helps them predict future trends in your industry, so they can keep your organisation thoroughly prepared to meet any potential changes
- They provide you with guidelines, assist you in preparing a detailed strategy and road map, and…
- …play a huge role in navigating the entire process
- All of this wouldn’t be possible, of course, if your partner lacked the ability to think critically and outside of the box
- A perfect software development outsourcing partner is also the answer to your lack of properly-skilled staff. They will provide you with a highly qualified team of specialists, assembled precisely to meet your requirements and fulfil your needs
- A team like this, when paired with a dedicated project manager, can build your desired solutions in compliance with your plan, and…
- …solve both long-standing and emerging problems. An agile approach, quick reactions, and invaluable experience in working in data-first environments are key to not letting the DT process fail
- While your solution is being developed, it’s good to know that someone is keeping an eye on each and every task. Plus, when it’s already deployed, your IT-partner handles the inevitable maintenance
- They also ensure security in terms of software stability and data storage/migration
- And last but not least… they mind the budget, so you can feel at ease about your expenses. You’ll surely be notified if there’s even the slightest chance of exceeding the original estimated cost
Weigh your options and choose wisely
A strategic alliance with a software development partner can be a game-changer in the process of your digital transformation. However, you need to be aware of the fact, that it can go both ways – they might help you succeed or… drag you down. Finding a partner that excels in all three of the above-mentioned roles is worth your customers’ (and employees’) weight in gold. You may have some ups and downs, but you certainly cannot afford to fail.
This is twice as important for non-IT related companies with little to no experience in a digital environment whatsoever. They, especially, should go after a partner who is considered to be a great visionary and an attentive troubleshooter. Oftentimes, this is equally or even more important than just searching for a team of splendid software developers, no matter how skilled they may be in their craft.
So, if you’re ready to bet on the best 3-in-1 solution – let us know, and we’ll gladly help you enter the digital era.